Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kit's Dinner Cheat Sheet: Stir-fried Bamboo Shoots & Bean Sprouts

My cravings for vegetable dishes last week were pretty obvious. Here is yet another meal I have prepared for the husband which garnered the seal of his approval though he is never a veggie fan.
Finding the vegetables that I grew up eating are hard to find in the Middle East. Lucky me, I saw the two main ingredients I used in this dish in Carrefour, one fine grocery day. 

Stir-fried Bamboo Shoots & Bean Sprouts *



The Stuff:

- cooking oil (3 Tbsps.)
- Blue Dragon Bamboo Shoots (yes, it's canned - couldn't find the fresh ones), drained
- Bean Sprouts (it's rare here, glad I found a pack in a more pricey veggie section), cleaned
- Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- Button Mushrooms, sliced
- Baguio Beans, cut into half-inch parts
- Carrots, cut into strips
- Spring Onions, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Soy Sauce (1 Tbsp.)
- Oyster Sauce (4 Tbsps.)

How it's done:

Heated my skillet in Medium Heat, added cooking oil. Sauteed the garlic and onions until tender. Tossed in the baguio beans, carrots and mushroom, stirred and left it for 2 minutes. Tossed in the bell peppers, and bamboo shoots and poured the soy and oyster sauce. Dashed some salt and pepper. Added the Bamboo shoots and mixed and left it simmering for 5 minutes. Finally, tossed in the bean sprouts and removed the skillet from heat while continuously stirring.

Best served hot on top of steamed rice with spring onion garnishing. :)




FAST FACT: Oyster Sauce is a must have in my cupboard while Spring Onions inside my veggie chiller. Ain't that obvious! Hahahaha!



-------------------------------------------------------------------

* Another light bulb foodie from Kitty's Kitchenomics.

** The image above was taken using my iPhone, post-processed in Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment